technocracy n : a form of government in which scientists and technical experts are in control
- Finnish: teknokratia
Technocracy ("techno" from the Greek tekhne for skill, "cracy" from the Greek kratos for "power") may refer to:
- Technocracy (bureaucratic), a governmental or organizational system where decision makers are selected based upon how highly skilled and qualified they are, rather than how much political capital they hold. A form of government in which scientists and technical experts are in control; "technocracy is described as that society in which those who govern justify themselves by appeal to technical experts who justify themselves by appeal to scientific forms of knowledge"
- Technocracy movement, a social movement that started in the United States, advocating a post scarcity society based on energy accounting.
- Technocracy (Mage: The Ascension) (or Technocratic Union), a worldwide conspiracy in the RPG Mage: The Ascension
- Technocracy (EP), a 1987 EP by the band Corrosion of Conformity
- Technocrat (comics), a DC Comics character and former member of the Outsiders
technocracy in Arabic: تكنوقراط
technocracy in Spanish: Tecnocracia
technocracy in French: Technocratie
technocracy in Polish: Technokracja
technocracy in Romanian: Tehnocraţie (dezambiguizare)
technocracy in Serbian: Технократија